Welcome to the blog where everything is free...

These pages will be filled with scrapping freebies as often as I can find the time to make them.
So come back from time to time to check what's new.








Monday, November 19, 2012

Talent....

In our line of work/hobby we are often using the words talent and talented, but do we actually know what they mean? My interpretation is in the lines of "having the ability to do something better than average". But lately I have had to re-think it. Yes, I do think there are a lot of talented people out there in digi-scrap world, but sometimes you meet people who are über-talented at what they do and impress you beyond believe; and then you realise that you'll have to make several levels of "Talented". I haven't yet defined these levels, but I have seen the works of someone who definitely belongs in the top level.

If you were with me back in March this year, you may remember Allison, the granddaughter of Sue from Grands9creations (if not - see the post here). Last week Sue posted work by her other granddaughter, Abby, and I was blown away! The girl is "only" a pre-teen, but is drawing like a Pro. I "stole" one of her drawings from Sue's site (sorry, Sue & Abby), but please go to Sue's site and see the rest. And then decide for yourself how to define talent.


Can you imagine what she will turn into?

Before you go, I have to say, that this post is NOT caused by the fact that Sue made a dedication to me today - for which I am eternally grateful - and NOT just because I promised to do so in my comment to her. It is simply because I think talent must be shared and promoted, and because I wanted you to have the WOW-experience too.

And while we are at this talented family - check out Sue's WordArt "In the Warmth of his Baby Hand", where she shows off her own drawing skills. And since the drawing shows the talented hand that made the drawing above, it sort of closes the circle. It really runs in the family!

I wish Abby (and Allison) the best of luck with their talents and creative life, and I thank Sue for today's dedication/award and for being my long-distance-friend in tears as well as laughter (fortunately, mostly laughter).

And no, you will not get any freebies in this post - sorry! But I hope to bring you one later today or tomorrow.

Nurture talent where ever you are!

2 comments:

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

First off, congrats on the dedication from Sue. I love what you had to say about the different levels of talent. Sue and her family have SO MUCH TALENT! It must be overflowing out of their pores! We are lucky that they share it with the rest of us. I also agree with your statement about nurturing talent. That is one of the reason's I establihed a showcase on my blog where I post and comment on various artists' work within the scrap/card making/digi design community. It is so important to support our talented peers as you have done so here today.

Lisa D.

Stacey said...

Wow! is all I can say! thanks for sharing this with us!